I’m a Freelancer and Contractor offering Full Stack Web Development and Server Administration services.
With over 20 years in the industry, most of my experience is from 18 years with NetCrafters. Starting in 1996, I created their first generation in-house Content Management System to support several hundred customers, ranging from local and regional businesses to large Fortune 100 corporations.
Highlights include building and supporting systems for Proctor & Gamble Global Recruiting and Talent Supply, Valentine Research, Inc., the Morris Group, Inc. network of companies, United Grinding, Hills Properties, and Dixon Builders.
Contact me for assistance with long term projects, ongoing maintenance, or quick repairs in the following areas:
- WordPress development and content management
- Database driven web sites, custom systems, and APIs
- Connecting remote sites and systems together
- Converting web site mockups to responsive HTML and CSS
- Retrofitting older site designs with responsive code
- Secure certificate purchasing, installation, and renewals
- Domain registration and renewals
- G Suite (Google Apps) setup and support
- Google Analytics setup and support
- Troubleshooting complex systems and security issues
- Linux server deployment and administration
- Web, DNS, Email, SSH, and FTP servers
- Technical and Support Documentation
Server Administration – Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Red Hat), APT, Yum, MacPorts, Apache, Nagios 3, Postfix, Mailman, Majordomo, Bind9 DNS, ProFTPD, Secure FTP, Secure Certificates and SSL installation, rsync, Snapback, Icecast and Darkice (streaming audio).
Hosting – Amazon Web Services, Rackspace Managed Hosting, Rackspace Cloud Servers, Rackspace Cloud Sites, Digital Ocean, AISO, Server Beach.
Domain Management – Network Solutions, Bulk Register (eNom), GoDaddy, NameCheap, Blue Razor, Dotster.
E-Commerce – Paypal/Verisign, Authorize.Net, X-Cart, osCommerce and variants, Nexternal, Cart32.
Development Tools – Git, Github, Bitbucket, SourceTree, Sublime Text, Eclipse (Aptana and EPIC plugins), Coda, Transmit, Sequel Pro, phpMyAdmin, Dreamweaver, Balsamiq, Clarify, Photoshop, Microsoft Office.
Collaboration – GoToMeeting, Google Hangouts, Skype, IRC, Slack, HipChat, FireChat, and join.me.
Miscellaneous – Google Apps setup and support, Google Analytics, Formstack, Wufoo forms, Feedburner, Hootsuite, Emma, MailChimp, OmniFocus, VMWare.
I’ve also had occasional involvement with the IIS web server, MS Access databases, Mercurial, Ecometry, Ruby, Python, TCL, Foswiki and Node.js/Angular.
View open source work at: