With 25 years in the industry, most of my full stack development experience is from 18 years with NetCrafters Interactive here in Cincinnati, Ohio. Starting in 1996, I coded their first-generation in-house Content Management System to support several hundred customers, ranging from local and regional businesses to larger Fortune 100 corporations.
I recently reconnected with the NetCrafters family, as a contractor this time, to manage 80+ WordPress sites, and growing.
Highlights, past and present, include building and supporting systems for Proctor & Gamble, Valentine Research, Inc., Morris Group, Inc., United Grinding, Hills Properties, and Dixon Builders.
My WordPress hosting experience is centered around WPEngine, Cloudways, and the LAMP stack on AWS, Digital Ocean, and Vultr.
WordPress plugin and theme highlights include Elementor, Beaver Builder, Astra, Gravity Forms, Formidable Forms, iThemes, WordFence, Calculated Fields Form, Yoast, the Genesis framework (StudioPress), Dynamik Site Builder (Cobalt Apps), ThemeZee, and many more.
I’m always happy to help you with long term projects, ongoing maintenance, or quick repairs in the following areas:
- Web site setup and hosting
- WordPress development and content management
- Custom Internet systems and APIs
- Connecting remote sites and systems together
- Converting web site mock-ups to responsive HTML and CSS
- Retrofitting older site designs with responsive code
- Secure certificate (SSL) purchasing, installation, and renewals
- Domain registration and renewals
- G Suite (Google Apps) setup and support
- Google Analytics setup and support
- Troubleshooting complex systems and security issues
- Linux server deployment and administration
- Web, DNS, Email, SSH, and FTP servers
- Technical and Support Documentation
Server Administration – Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Red Hat), APT, Yum, Apache, Nagios 3, Postfix, Mailman, Majordomo, Bind9 DNS, ProFTPD, Secure FTP, Secure Certificates and SSL installation, rsync, Snapback, Icecast and Darkice (streaming audio).
Hosting – Amazon Web Services, Rackspace Managed Hosting, WPEngine, Cloudways, Liquid Web, Rackspace Cloud Servers, Digital Ocean, Vultr, AISO, Server Beach.
Domain Management – Network Solutions, Bulk Register (eNom), GoDaddy, NameCheap, Blue Razor, Dotster.
E-Commerce – Paypal/Verisign, Authorize.Net, X-Cart, osCommerce and variants, Nexternal, Cart32.
Development Tools – Git, Github, Bitbucket, SourceTree, Sublime Text, Eclipse (Aptana and EPIC plugins), Coda, Visual Studio Code, Transmit, Sequel Pro, phpMyAdmin, Dreamweaver, Balsamiq, Clarify, Photoshop, Microsoft Office.
Miscellaneous – Google Analytics and Search Console, Formstack, Wufoo forms, Feedburner, Hootsuite, Emma, MailChimp, OmniFocus, VMWare.
I’ve also had occasional involvement with Python, the IIS web server, MS Access databases, Mercurial, Ecometry, Ruby, Python, TCL, Foswiki and Node.js/Angular.
View open source work at:
While helping one of our customers figure out how to